Thursday, June 28, 2012

Enemy Reign-Between Hell And Oblivion

Independent
2012


Since I have not been listening to a lot of death metal lately I thought I would take on (as it were) Denver death outfit Enemy Reign. I'm glad I did and I'm glad I was somewhat awake when I hit play because this is brutal kiddies. Recorded at Flatline Audio by Dave Otero (Cattle Decapitation, Cephalic Carnage, Martriden and Cobalt) this album serves as the debut of vocalist, Stevie Boiser who replaced former lead singer, Sherwood Webber (Skinless), last Summer. This is 11 tracks of guttural death metal (with bits of grind thrown in) from a band that knows how to offer up crushing and gut punching riffs. This is the follow-up to 2008's "Means To An End" EP and shows a band that sounds as if they have been crafting this sort of extreme death for years and yet they are young having only formed in 2008. With the way these guys are going it would not to high of expectations to see them really crank out a masterpiece in another album or two. Death metal freaks will love this one trust me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home