Friday, June 19, 2009

Number 20

Onward to number 20 in my top 25 top hard rock/heavy metal guitarist countdown. It is...

Photobucket
Dave Mustaine

Always a part of a duo and he played with some good partners (Chris Poland, Marty Friedman), but he was the heart and the consistent factor of Megadeth. He also gets credit for his contributions to Metallica's early material. He hit on finger bending riffs while developing a style that made Megadeth's sound unique and them to be one of the leaders in their field.

Number 19 will be out next week.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Another fine choice. I like his playing so much more than Friedman's. I actually have a hard time with Rust in Peace, because I can't stand listening to Marty Friedman stroke his own ego.

7:03 AM  
Blogger The Ripple Effect said...

Oh my god!!! Arc 2. Jesus, I forgot all about that show!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home