Friday, May 01, 2009

Top 5 albums of 1970

Photobucket

Here you go

1-Black Sabbath-s/t
2-Deep Purple-In Rock
3-Led Zeppelin-III
4-Sir Lord Baltimore-Kingdom Come
5-Budgie-s/t


Some of these years had tough battles for the one spot, but in 1970 it was clearly Sabbath's year. However the spots 2-4 were really tough to determine, but I finally settled on this order.


That's it for best album lists now that I have done the 70's and the 80's. I won't be doing 1990 until next year as I like to do it when it's at least twenty years old. However I will be doing a new list countdown. I recently realized that since I have been writing this blog I have done a top vocalist list, top bass player list, top drummer list and a most underrated guitarist list. Yet I never done just a top guitarist list. So it's high time I did that. I will be doing a top 25 list and counting down at a rate of one per week which means if I start soon it will still go into early fall before I reveal number one. First I need to write up a list to work from before starting the countdown. So I get my list done then number 25 will come some time next weekend. If not then I will definitely have it ready to go the following weekend.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

Led Zeppelin III is so underrated.

10:25 AM  
Blogger John said...

with Zep III being their only album I truly like, and the other 4 records being completely perfect as well, I completely back this list 100%.

6:27 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Ah, Zeppelin III is my favorite of theirs. It can be hard, bluesy, folky, quiet, loud...everything and yet completely coherent. They did that a lot, but never better than on III.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home