Friday, August 15, 2008

Year end project starts now

For the fourth year in a row I will be doing my top ten hard rock/metal albums of twenty years ago which means 1988. Here is the process...

August-I pick 20-25 releases from 1988 that I think have a chance of making my top ten.

August to October-I listen to all the CDs and narrow them down to 10.

November-I work out the rankings as to where each album places in the top ten.

December-On December 1st I reveal number 10 and then continue doing the countdown at a pace of one a day until number one is revealed on December 10th. Immediately after that I also do awards for the top five album covers, bottom five albums covers, most improved band and of course the Golden Turd Award. If you are not familiar with the Golden Turd then just wait until December because I always give a brief explanation before I award this great honor to a band.

Why do I do this project? It allows me to re-examine older albums and I always find an album or two that I underrated and some that I overrated plus it's fun.

So I have already started picking CDs and listening to a few as well. I need to start early because also in December I am going to do my awards for 2008 which I will expand to a top 25 albums because I have heard so much and I will do top five for re-releases and a top five demos. So let me know if you have any questions or suggestions and I hope you will enjoy the lists once December rolls around.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home