Saturday, May 31, 2008

What's coming up?

I survived another week of work and the other usual hurdles and obstacles. Just trying to hang in there and keep everything going including the reviews and interviews for this blog and the other sites I write for. I was thinking intros on the songs on the other day and I guess I used to be more patient. Yet nowadays there is nothing more annoying than being short on time and putting in a new disc and some long, drawn out intro pops on. Power metal bands often seem to be the worst for this kind of mandatory build-up/time killer. Gas prices continue to go up, Harvey Korman passed away and the Trashcan Darlings announced they are breaking up. Anyways I have lot planned for the week and here is what I hope to get to.

Reviews....
Pelvic Fury-Non-Eulidean Nightmare
Fate-Vultures
Blackstrap-Steal my horses and run
Man Raze-Surreal
Control Denied-Fragile art of existence

Interviews...
Mass
Jetboy

Plus...
Lesser of two evils: Diamond Rexx vs. Madam X in a battle that involves some of the biggest hair and weakest songwriting of the 80's.

I also hope to start a new monthly feature on Sunday. It will be called "First Day Flashback" so on the first day of each month I'll do a short write-up on an album likely from the 1980's. Not so much a proper review, but just something brief about why it's interesting or important and maybe some of my memories of the album as well.

Oh and I got an extra copy of that Man Raze CD so I might do a contest to give that away this week.

**Have a great week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home