Friday, May 04, 2007

New blog information!

I am involved with a new blog that will be starting next week. It is Whole lotta album covers and the first real post will be up on Monday the 7th. It will be about all kinds of album covers. There are three of us involved with writing it. Ray writes for a number of magazines reviewing albums so he has seen a lot of covers. Bob has a huge album collection so he has seen a lot of album covers. I know that I have wasted a large chunk of my life staring at album covers. So it's high time we shared our love of album covers with others by blogging about them. I will put up another reminder on Monday when the blog begins and we hope you stop by and check it out.

6 Comments:

Blogger David Amulet said...

Sounds great--I'm looking forward to it!

-- david

11:02 AM  
Blogger aXe mAn said...

Sounds cool! I can't wait!

1:48 PM  
Blogger captain corky said...

Cool man. I'll be checking it out!

2:41 PM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

I miss the days of vinyl albums. When everyone started buying cassettes, I was the last holdout still buying albums. Of course now it's all CDs, but the cover artwork never looks as good on a small CD as it did on large albums.

3:50 PM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

I still buy vinyl whenever I can. Even a lot of the new stuff I get is on vinyl. CDs are more convenient, but I also find them to be more detached. With an LP, you had to take it out carefully, hold it on the edges, clean it. If you wanted to skip ahead, you didn't just press a button, you picked up the needle, eyeballed where the track started and tried to put it down n just the right spot. Plus, track sequences had to be better thought out. There are a lot of examples of albums where each side had its own character (like Abbey Road). Luckily, CDs killed cassettes and not LPs.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I buy vinyl on occasion. Nothing new, but I bid on stuff on eBay. Mainly things that are not on cd or run an arm and a leg on cd. Album covers, gatefold and inserts on vinyl add another dimension to vinyl that cd's just can't copy.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home