Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Day sale

Every year local record chain Record and Tape Traders has a sale on New Year's Day. When you buy one used cd then you get one used cd of equal or lesser value free. So my family packed into the car and we headed off so I could get there before the store opened to get the best stuff I could. I got there ten minutes early and stood in line. My wife took the kids to the pet store which is just a few stores down. Last year I bought a lot of cd's that I had not heard before. this year I was more intent on filling gaps in y collection. So here is what I got:

Ratt-Invasion of your privacy and Reach for the sky
Cinderella-Long cold winter
Steve Vai-Flex-able
Testament-The Ritual
Ozzy-Diary of a madman (Jet records version)
Iron Maiden-Virtual whatever it is (Yes, I know, but it fills a gap in my collection)
Ace Frehley-Frehley's Comet

Total price:$31.46 for eight cd's. So not too bad.

Some people buy a lot at this sale. I saw
this guy there filling up a basket with all sorts of stuff. So a pretty good take as far as I was concerned and you may be seeing some of these titles showing up as reviews here fairly soon.

10 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

Bargins!

happy 2007 Mark :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Wow, I'm with Pixie. You got a whole lot for such little money.

10:59 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

I went to the same sale and got 8 CDs for $34 and change. You can't go wrong.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool selections and a great deal!

I actually picked up Invasion of your Privacy and Long Cold Winter myself...iTunes Gift card...

Glad to see you're back and congrats on the writing gig on the other site! Sounds cool!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Metal mayhem for miniscule money Mark ?

Well done

1:06 PM  
Blogger DPTH International said...

Happy New Year! And congrats on your recent purchases, I look forward to reading about them, and I'm especially excited about the obscure feature your adding, sounds intriguing.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty Stout collection you got for dirt cheap.

Long Cold Winter from Cinderella is a killer CD. Very Bluesy, but to me, its a better CD than Night Songs, and I love that disc.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Pixie-Happy New Year! I broke in the New Year this morning with that old tradition of mistakenly writing the wrong year on a check.

Phoenix-It was a good deal. I also moved fast through the store to get what I wanted.

Bob- I found better items this year than last year.

Rockdog-I still like Ratt a lot.

Ben-It was a good sale. I have already gotten a lot of listens out of the items I got.

dpth-Happy New Year. I have trying to figure the first few bands to do for the obscure band thing. The first one will be out soon.

Hard rock hideout-Night songs is good, but Long cold winter is where they really came into their own.

7:51 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I probably posted this on your site a year or so ago in reaction to some other prompt: I maintain that Frehley's Comet is the most overlooked and underrated quality pop metal album of the late 80s.

OK, maybe except for "Dolls." That really sucked.

-- david

1:38 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

David- I already committed to doing a 20 year album review of Frehley's Comet this year. A good chance that I may do it next month.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home