Thursday, December 21, 2006

What's new?

It's been a very active week at my house. The Metalboy started pulling up on his own. His first birthday is coming up in about two and a half weeks. Metalgirl is finally using the potty some and we are proud of her because this has been a long process, but she's getting there. They had a Christmas party at her pre-school on Monday and I was there too with Metalboy. Metalgirl got to sit on Santa's lap for the first time and she did very well. While on his lap she was asked what she wanted and she said "I would like a train and some lollipops please". So she did well and yes, she is getting a wooden Thomas the tank engine train set and lollipops for Christmas plus a few other things. The lollipos idea comes from a lift the flap book we read her that said Santa brings lollipops for kids. After the kids go to sleep we have been getting the wires and stuff off the toys so we will not have to do that on Christmas day. So we are getting to close to being ready for Christmas. I am listening to a lot of music and getting to unveil some new monthly features here at my blog starting in January.

***Coming up on Friday will be the Heavy Metal Christmas tree. I have no idea exactly what that will be, but I will come up with something. It will likely be something goofy though.

18 Comments:

Blogger David Amulet said...

Good thing she didn't read a book saying Santa brings ponies and diamonds.

-- david

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily santa only brings lollipops. You'd be in deep doo doo otherwise...

5:22 AM  
Blogger On My Watch said...

congrats on her potty training, especially since she's been pooping like an elf...

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Looking forward to the tree...even if it is goofy!

Rock ON!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Will said...

What a sweet story about the lollipops Mark.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, hope your kiddies have a great Christmas and Metal Santa brings them lots of goodies.

So, does a Metal Tree have a pentagram on top instead of a star?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

David-That's for sure.

Janet-That Santa is a grest one.

Onmywatch-Thanks. It would be good to get to a point where we are just having to change one kid's diapers instead of two.

Rockdog-Actually I will be describing rather than showing the tree. It's not a real tree, but just an idea of what would go on a heayv metal tree.

Ben-Thanks.

Beckeye-That's not a bad idea, but I have something maybe more appropriate in mind.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like good stuff going on at your house Mark. I'm looking forward to all that stuff in the upcoming years.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, how cute are you? Seriously, I need to give you a hug or something. I'm having major issues with toilet training my 3 year old son. He does great for like a day and then reverts right back to his old ways-Uggggghhhhh.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What date is your son's birthday? You said it's in 2 1/2 weeks which is close to my daughters birthday. She will be 3 on January 16th!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! How weird...my son will be 3 on January 23rd!

Mark - Hopefully Twisted Sister is well represented on the Heavy Metal Christmas tree you have planned! He's apparently the new driving force behind Christmas! :D

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark...I laughed and thought of this blog when someone sent me the link for the Twisted Sister "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" video...

Here's the link if anyone is interested!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De47fjH6RKY

6:46 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Merry Christmas, Mark. Nothing like small children to liven up the holiday.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need an ESP Explorer on that tree, Mark.

Congrats on the potty training. My daughter trained herself. While on vacation. In Florida.

My son... well, he's a boy. 'Nuff said.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Captain Corky-It will keep you busy for sure.

Nonny-Metalgirl started using the potty in January. Then a week later her brother was born and it took months to get her back to trying it again after that.

Fred-My son will be 1 on January 9th and my daughter will be 3 in march.

Rockdog-My son, my father, one of my friends and his mother were all born on January 9th.

I did see that video. It was better than I expected it to be.

Fuzz-That's for sure. They seem to be at their most energetic when we are feeling the most worn out.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Susan-I was worried about my daughter using the potty, but eventually it happened. I had her try and sit on the potty every night before her bath and try to pee. Then one night she just started doing it and now she is trying to do it more and more regularly.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least she didn't pull his beard off like I did at that age!

Merry Christmas Mark.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, that's exactly how we did it here, too, with both kids. Amazing how it works, huh?

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home