Monday, December 04, 2006

Number seven

The countdown of my top ten favorite hard rock/metal albums of 1986 continues with number seven. Give a hand to Bob Vinyl for correctly guessing that it is those infamous Santa beaters.....

Lizzy Borden-Menace to society
I am a fan of most of their material and I think this was their pick. I think these guys were influenced by 70's hard rock like Alice Cooper and KISS, but they also got into the metal of the early 80's. Oftentimes lumped in with glam bands because of their look. However they were heavier and more complex than most bands in that category. I think that on this album they managed to find a good mix between hard rock and metal and they managed to be catchy, but throw in enough changes to keep things interesting.


**Next up on Tuesday will be number six as the countdown continues. The hint is that when this album was released this band got an opening slot for a bigger band. However they got kicked off the tour after just three dates and it would not be the last time in their career that they would get kicked off a tour.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to listen to this again!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I have liked this release a lot. I think this was when a band was glam because of how they looked. However they doesn't mean they couldn't play fast or heavy. Lizzy Borden like WASP and early Motley Crue were like that. I think the view of glam bands as being fluff started this same year when Poison caught on.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home