Sunday, December 03, 2006

Number eight

The countdown of my top ten favorite hard rock/metal albums of 1986 continues with number eight.

King Diamond-Fatal Portrait

King Diamond's debut lp has probably aged better than most of his albums. I actually like it more now than I did back then. The vocals are more even than some of King's later solo work and the music is very tight. Out of King's solo albums this is the one that has the most Mercyful Fate sound mixed in it and I like that.


**So on Monday I will have number seven out. This band did a number of stage theatrics back in the day including the use of blood, fog machines and uh, beating up Santa Claus with baseball bats.

4 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

Everyone seem to think this was going to be Diamond Dave. His album made my long list of considerations, but not the top ten.

5:21 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I didn't know of the Santa beating. I wonder if it inspired the Easter Bunny beating in Mallrats?

9:06 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

That has to be Lizzy Borden!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this record a lot. It is not my favorite Kind Diamond record, but I really like it.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home