Friday, December 29, 2006

New features for the New Year

I mentioned this briefly a few months ago, but I am changing some features for 2007. I will continue to do one 20 year old album review per month. However I won't be doing "Battle of the bands" or "It came from the pages of Hit Parader". I enjoyed doing both, but am retiring them to do different features for 2007. Here are the new features and how they will work.

-The Heavy Metal Jukebox-Once a month I will list three hard rock/metal songs and you pick the one you prefer. There will be some sort of theme to all three songs. Such as maybe they all came out in the same year, they all have one word that is the same in the title or it may even be three songs by the same artist. I will start this one out late next week so stop in and vote. I will try to pick songs that many of you would be familiar with. Some may be singles and some may just be songs off albums that you may know.

-Who was that?-Once a month I will profile an obscure or semi-obscure hard rock/metal band who started up between say 1980-1992. I will touch briefly on their background and their sound.

Hope you will enjoy these and I will also be doing my normal reviews, rants and the usual nonsense that I have been doing here for the last year and a half.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good Mark. I too will be spending 2007 doing the usual nonsense as well. That's what it's all about anyway!

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I can't promise I'll know the obscure stuff...but I can't wait to try....

4:10 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Sounds great to me. Do whatever you like best, we'll be here.

-- david

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound cool! Should be a good time for all! Rock ON!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like more fun in 2007 Mark.

I will be here. I think our sites compliment each other pretty well without being too redundant.

I love keeping this music alive and well!

Here is to a kick ass rocking 2007!!

Happy New Year!!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Captain Corky-That's true.

Janet-You don't have to guess anything with the obscure. I am just going to tell about them.

David-Thanks.

Rockdog-I hope everyone will like the new features.

Hard rock hideout-I really enjoy your site and other music blogs. Keep up the good work. Some good music blogs have come to a stop lately. I hope they pick up again though.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the obscure band feature, that could be really interesting.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds cool! Every time I tried to add new recurring posts to my blog, I dropped the ball. Well, I guess my "forgotten classic video of the week" is still in play, even if I skipped it this week!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home