Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The morning after

Well, the big holiday is over and it went pretty well here. We got the kids to bed on time and everything spread out. Metalgirl was thrilled with her wooden train set and Metalboy liked his toys well enough. Although he is still at that age where he likes the boxes as much as the presents. Later we went to my parents' house for lunch. Metalgirl played with her trains every chance she got during the day. I remember being a kid and having a few presents where I played with them all day because I was so excited.

***What was your favorite Christmas present as a kid?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MetalMark! That sounds great! It's awesome watching kids get so excited!

My favorite gift as a kid...was a tape recorder! It came with 2 30 minute cassettes and I was constantly recording my own "radio" shows. A couple years alter it was the first Atari game system! Great times!

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I was ever as excited as the year I got a Colecovision for Christmas. LOL!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say it was a toss up between my 10 speed bike, and my Atari 2600.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I remember getting an action figure called Johnny West and his villain (don't recall his name) for Christmas when I was five or six. I liked them a lot.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A stereo when I was 12 was the best present I ever got!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting a record player and Kiss Alive II on vinyl. I got it the year it came out. It even came with a bunch of Kiss tattoos. Anything Star Wars related was cool too.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked my Lite-Bright a lot.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were a few cool gifts:

1. I remember getting the first run of Star Wars action figures, the first 10 or 12. That was huge!

2. The Atari 5200 (already had a 2600) was another cool gift.

3. The year I got a Sony CD player to hook up to my stereo was a major deal.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home