Friday, December 22, 2006

Heavy Metal Christmas tree

Okay, I don't have a tree like this, but if I had a tree when I was like 18 or 19 then I would have wanted to make a heavy metal tree. So what would a heavy metal tree look like. Well, I think it probably be either white or silver so that black decorations would show up well on. Instead of a garland maybe a chain made by linking studded leather bracelets on it would work. Of course there would be lights, but instead multi-colored they might just be black and blood red. For ornaments I guess you could pull out a bunch of old buttons with band logos like the ones people used to have on their denim jackets. Old cheap earrings of skulls would work as well. Now for the tree topper I would have a picture of Lemmy smoking a cigarette because that's seems to an appropriate symbol of metal.

**Feel free to add your own suggestions for decorating the tree.

4 Comments:

Blogger On My Watch said...

I love your heavy metal tree idea...especially the garland and buttons. That would've been great to do.

maybe other ornaments could be little gold albums. and maybe you could use black lights, too.

I would've figured another good topper would've been the hand-devil-horn-salute thingy. you know? I'm not sure what you call that symbol.

you'd definitely have to put some kind of leather blanket around the bottom as well.

what a fun idea...i think you should do it next year. :)

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Good job!

Hmmmm...maybe instead of a tree stand, the tree is sitting in a large black leather boot...something like Gene Simmons would wear...! The skirt around the tree is made up of those huge patches from the back of Heavy Metal jean jackets!

Merry Christmas!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a cool Kiss Destoryer chrismas ball that I hang up every year! And I have a Boba Fett ornament. Boba is metal, right?

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Lemmy rocks. I even wrote about him in my blog. LOL!

BTW, you can't forget AC/DC's Hells Bells=:)

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home