Thursday, December 28, 2006

End of the year

Just a matter of days left to 2006 as 2007 is looming on the horizon. I think this has overall been a good year for hard rock and metal. There were some good younger bands emerging and some veteran bands that still delivered plus I think that at least some bands are gaining some popularity. My luck with predictions last year was that good. I thought that Axl Rose would release his album and I was wrong. I thought that Trouble's reunion album would come out and be very good. It has been delayed and is now due out in February of 2007. I thought that Celtic Frost's reunion album would be good, but it was actually great. Okay so I will go ahead and give some more predictions that will likely be wrong.

So for 2007 I will say:

-The Guns and Roses album will not be released in 2007 despite Axl setting the date.
-Ozzy's new album is going to stink like a dirty diaper under the noonday sun.
-Judas Priest's new album will be better than the last one (I hope).
-I think that it will be a big year for doom metal and stoner rock.
-Ratt are doing a reunion, Van Halen may have Diamond Dave back and the Dio era Sabbath line-up will tour. I am going to guess that at least one of these three bands will break up over disagreements before the end of 2007.
-Iron Maiden had the best album of 2006, but I think that the best hard rock or metal album of 2007 will come from a lesser known band.

***Anyone have any predictions or hopes for metal in 2007?

6 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

My prediction about doom and stoner stuff is based on a few things. Big name doom veterens Candlemass and Trouble are set to release albums as are big name stoner bands Fu Manchu and Orange Goblin. That's just during the first few month of the year as I am sure others will follow. It also seems like a lot of stoner bands are releasing albums very frequently and labels like Rise Above, Southern Lord and Liquor and Poker seem to be signing more bands.

6:44 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I'm back and hope you had a good holiday.

I can't disgaree with any of your predictions, except I'd say two out of three of those reunions breaking up would be a better guess.

One other prediction: Rush's album will be the band's best since the early 80s.

-- david

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KISS will reunite with Peter and Ace, have another "Farewell" tour that lasts for 3 years, kick Peter and Ace out before the tour ends...and sell a lot of merchandise without ever releasing a new recording...LOL!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with David on the Rush album, and it's one of those that I'll buy on the first day.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

David-I thought about saying two out of three, but to be fair Ratt and Van Halen are still in the early stages. So it's possible that one of them may never even get started.
I think the new Rush will be good too.

Rockdog-It could happen.

Bruce-I will probably buy it on the first day as well.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I agree with the doom and stoner assessment...I just reviewed this new band Titan that puts their debut out in February...it sets the bar quickly...I copied the review to my blog

I asked for a confirmation on Pearcy from the publicist...he's neither confirming nor denying, so it's a possible go

Rush will put out their best album since GUP...I hope...I like Test For Echo and Counterparts a lot, and even Vapor Trails is good, but they've hardly been indicative of the old Rush....when I saw them last summer, they blew me away, one of the best live bands I've ever seen...I know they have it in them

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home