Sunday, July 30, 2006

What's coming up?

My vacation is coming up this week. I am off from work all week and we are going to Lancaster, Pennsylvania for three days. I am not sure what I doing for the rest of the week although I really to clean some things around the house. I have some great guest bloggers lined up to do the posts from Monday through Wednesday. I hope you enjoy them and I will be back to posting Thursday. Once I am back I will try to put up my 20 year old album review at the end of this week. This month it's Motorhead's Orgasmatron.

***Here is a question for you. If you had to have a framed print of any album cover on your living room wall then what it be? Let's say you had to keep it there for at least a year.

Considering I have a family and I don't want to scare the little ones, that would eliminate a lot of scary stuff. I am having problems choosing just one so I'll say it's a toss up between AC/DC's Let there be rock and Iron Maiden's Powerslave.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was in my room, I would have Brutal Truth's Sounds of the Animal Kingdom, which I think is one of the best album covers. If it were in my living room, I might pick something from Yes, like Relayer or Yessongs.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is easy for me.. Rush's 2112.

7:58 AM  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Van Halen's Women & Children First - sentimental reasons more than 'art', I suppose. Dave's arm muscles are a plus. ;)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Well in my room I have two album covers hanging which are The Who's "Quadrophenia" and ELP's "Brain Salad Surgery." For the living room which the whole family would see I would probably hang King Crimson's "In the Court of the Crimson King" even though it really isn't that "pretty" looking. It is probably my most favorite album cover. Either that or what Fred Charles said Yes' "Relayer"

11:29 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I always had music posters in my room when I was teenager. I had some of the same ones up when I was in college as well. Currently the only things we have on the wall are pictures of the kids and some shelves with varying items on thm. At some point we hope to remodel the basement and have some rooms put in down. When we do that I may get a poster or two and have it framed and put on a wall down there. There is also a currently black wall that's straight ahead when you are going down the steps to the basement. That's a place that might be good for a framed poster. Maybe one day after repainting the wall I may looking into having a poster of either AC/DC, Maiden, Zeppelin, Rush or Motorhead put up there.

1:25 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

KISS- Love Gun.

Have a great vacation.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Fuzz-Thanks.

That should have said blank wall instead of black wall from my last comment.

2:55 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Enjoy your time away; we'll look forward to your safe return.

Metal album's I'd consider include Iron Maiden's Powerslave, Rush's 2112, and Tesla's Mechanical Resonance.

- david

4:18 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

I would pick Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" 12" cover. I still have that old subway poster that used to be on my wall when I lived with my parents and I have spent 13 years of marriage trying to get it on the living room wall!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I'd say Alice in Chains' "Dirt" would be fitting.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home