Monday, April 24, 2006

Kidd Blue- Big Trouble, 2006

These recordings were actually done in the late 80's and were never released. Kidd Blue signed a two album deal with Metal Mayhem records late last year. Both albums are to be comprised of material recorded by the band in the late 80's. These guys were from San Francisco, but never got signed. I bought this one on eBay from Metal Mayhem just the other week. I was overall pleased with it as the band rocked more than I figured they would. It's commerical hard rock and the closest comparisons might be Hurricane, Keel and Firehouse. There are ten songs total and my favorite are the title track, "Crystal Tears" and "Rocket Roulette". At their best the band is very tight with strong song structures, smooth vocals and some interesting guitar solos. There are only two songs that aren't that great. "Hold me" is just very average and "Fatal Attraction" contains keyboards that make it sound like the band really didn't know how to fit them in to the song. The sound quality varies a little from song to song, but is overall very good. Kidd Blue might not be completely different from everything you have heard. Yet they are good solid hard rock and I know that I will be listening to this one several times over the next few weeks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

It only took me about seven trys to get this topic posted. I am guessing Blogspot has been having problems again.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Volker-They did have that kind of look and it's plastered on the back of this cd for everyone to see. The look I hated was in the mid-80's when bands tied bandannas all over their legs and arms like Keel and Y and T. I remember a band came to my high school called Freedom Jam and they played Journey and Van Halen stuff. However they had jungle print clothes and bandannas tied on everywhere and they looked pretty silly even for 1985.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Although at the time I probably thought they were cool then because I didn't know any better.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Yeah...Kidd Blue members had the kinky long hairdos...oh crap that's funny. Wow, I haven't thought about that band in years.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home