Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year's resolutions

I have never been one to make a lot of New Year's resolutions. Not because I don't have any or don't want to, but normally just because I don't think of it in time and then the New Year starts and I just go on like always. Maybe if I write them down here then I will make actual attempts to achieve something. So here are some music and blog related resolutions.

I vow to actually do one monthly 20 year old album review.

I vow to verbally criticize any metal musician that deserves it.

I vow not to refer to anyone as the "next big thing".

I vow to praise Lemmy, Iron Maiden and Roth era Van Halen at least once a month.

Well, I may or may not stick to those resolutions but it gave me something to think about. Here are some that are more personal and more serious.

I vow to try and be the best father that I can be which means leaving work at work instead of bringing it home.

I vow to eat healthier.

I vow to try not to drive like a maniac to get home from work.

That should give me some things to work on this year.

3 Comments:

Blogger T-_Bone said...

All good resolutions, especially the good father thing and the Lemmy/Iron Maiden thig!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

May you meet you goals, and then some. Cheers.

-- david

8:41 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I vow to pay off my credit cards.

Oh, have you ever seen the movie Eat the Rich? Lemmy was in it and Motorhead wrote the music.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home